Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Keeper...

I have been thinking lately that it is important to define our roles from the Bible. For instances, I am a wife, therefore I should go to the Bible and see what it says about the role of the wife. There are many phrases the Bible uses to describe our roles, again as example, a wife is also called a helper, a helpmate, a love, a keeper of the home etc. There are many roles in our lives and our roles change as do our seasons. I am now starting to be considered an "older woman" (not sure what I think about that!!). Anyway, I was thinking about my role(s) in life and asking God to help me define what my role is in this season. As always, He is faithful to answer. In my quiet time today I read a verse that made my heart leap. I found a new role in the Bible, one I have never seen before!!! One I am excited to fulfill!!I was so thrilled and so sure it was God speaking to me. I had found a new purpose for my life!! So, if any of you ladies are struggling to know what God might have for you, I encourage you to read 2 Kings 22:14 and see if this might be something God has for you too. :)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Hmm...I think I need to get some more "tools" to help me with this role. Better hit the mall!

Diane said...

that's my girl!!

Beth said...

Does this mean Fred is getting a new look? Long, flowing, and multi-colored perhaps?

Anonymous said...

What kind of budget does the Keeper of the Wardrobe get? I know that you could make that money stretchhhhhhhhhh...
If you are an older women, I'm a senior citizen...
Carrol T.

Jody said...

Sounds like a great new role for this season that you will really enjoy!! :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP