Monday, March 05, 2007

The Lord is Near


"The Lord is near: do not be anxious about anything." Phil 4:5-6

A dear friend reminded me of these words recently. They have rung in my head for a week now, soothing balm. What comfort we can take in the truth that the Lord is at hand, always near. It is funny that in trials we can feel estranged from the One we need the most and yet He is the One that never leaves. I am reminded again and again to trust the truths of God's word and not my fickle emotions. Regardless of my view of the present circumstance, the Lord is near, He cannot be anything but near to me. He is near to the brokenhearted, the weary and the one who is in a season of strength. He cannot abandon us, will not forget us and loves us the same everyday regardless of our performance. Oh, that this truth would be the rock on which I stand each day.

I am reading "the Gospel Primer" in my devotions and it is life to me. Simple truths, the ones we have heard a million times and yet somehow all new revelation to me. My favorite quote recently is "Because I am a justified one, He subjugates every trial and forces it to do good unto me." I find such comfort in knowing He rules every situation and forces my good to be the goal and by this He is glorified! Amazing grace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing Grace!!
Your blog was very comforting. I know what you mean some times it just takes a book to point out the simple truths of every day life...
I enjoyed reading your blog!!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

hello dear friend,
got myself a copy of the Gospel Primer as well....good stuff. Am reminding myself as well that "the Lord is near"..... Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP