Thursday, August 30, 2007

Grandma Frances




This week Erin, Violet and I made a whirlwind trip to Minneapolis so that my Grandma Frances could meet Violet. My grandma is 98 years old and still lives on her own!! We went so we could get get a picture of my Grandma, my Mom, myself, Erin and Violet. Five generations still living! We had a professional picture taken, which we will get back in 2 weeks. It was fun to see Grandma holding Violet and finding such delight in her. I also enjoyed being home with my parents and spending time with them as they got to know Violet. We had dinner at my sister Barb's house on Tuesday night and had fun with her cute kids. I was once again aware of God's kindness in giving me such a great family. I missed my other siblings and wished we could have all been together. (We will be in 6 weeks!!)

Minnesota was lush and green and beautiful. Wednesday morning we walked around a pond and enjoy the 70 degree day. I miss the cool mornings we used to have when we lived in northern climates. I didn't get many photos, but Erin will have more I am sure.

3 comments:

Solange said...

Wonderful picture of 5 generation! This is really cute!

erin said...

I love the pic of Karina and Violet! So funny and cute! Thank YOU for taking us with you!

Judy said...

That's so great! I told Erin that I'm so thankful that my kids got to have time with my Grandma... I'm sure Violet will be a happy girl to look back on the pictures one day of her with her Great-great-grandma. :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP