Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall is Finally Here?????


Autumn is here, my favorite season of the year. The only problem is that someone forgot to tell Dallas that it is fall, so consequently, it s still 90 degrees here. It is funny to see people decorating their doors with autumn wreaths, planting mums, hanging Indian Corn when really we are still enjoying the geraniums (well, the ones that didn't die of heat stroke). The Gap has wool coats in now, I laughed when I saw them. I might need one for 2 days here, who buys them and who buys the snow boots that Target is stocking?? This is Texas!

So, since we are about 8 weeks away from our real autumn here, I will have to wait. I decided to make a mental list yesterday of what I AM looking forward to:
1. Autumn
2. an October trip to the East (where it will really be fall)
3. camping
4. Christmas
5. Tyler and Mindy here for Christmas
6. My niece Kayla Diane coming to visit me
7. seeing Violet's new tricks
8. evenings on the back porch
9. seeing my family in October
10. Hawaii
11. scaring kids on Halloween (Just kidding)

These are in no particular order, just thoughts I had. What are you looking forward to? I want to look to the future with joy like the Proverbs 31 women. In order to do that I must think about what things are coming down the road that will bring joy. The alternative is to give into fear and worry!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I remember the say quandries when we moved to San Diego a scillion years ago...Wool outfits in Setempber, people wearing sweatshirts even though it was still in 80's, all the fall decorations...it did not compute!

Mindy said...

Hm...what am I looking forward to??? Um...CHRISTMAS! And Christmas food!

Michelle said...

I'm looking foward to:
1. Your trip to MD/VA also!!
2. Experiencing a true fall here in MD!
3. Dressing up the boys for Halloween pictures!
4. Thanksgiving w/ friends in NC!
5. Taking our yearly family pic!
6. Our 8th Anniversary!
7. Sam's birthday!
8. Christmas in TX w/ family!
9. Visiting Grace Church after Christmas!
10. Rob preaching at Grace Church after Christmas!
11. Snow!
12. The boys being POTTY TRAINED!

Thanks Diane...that was fun and encouraging to my spirit! I miss you!

Jody said...

You still NEED the wool coats and boots for when you come to see Tyler and Mindy and all of us here in Colorado!!! That is why Texans have those things,you know, just for trips to Colorado....why else would we hear all those accents flying about on the ski slopes! ha! :) There is SO much to look forward to...all the zillions of things big and small that He has planned! Thanks for the great reminder. And it was sure great to see Meg this past weekend! (shhh..among other things I am looking forward to joining you in the grandma club one day!)

Mindy said...

Is Casey going to be a father? Wow, that's news to me! ;-)

Solange said...

Hi Diane:
I am looking forward to:
Helder's B-day on Saturday sept 29th,
Praying on Halloween night,My b-day,Teach the toddlers about God on Sunday school class,Christmas, etc...
Thank you Diane for your encouragement on being a Prov 31 women.

Jessica Rockey said...

Hey Mrs. Shaw,
We're excited to see you guys in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Lunch tuesday with you and Fred..
Hello Diane
Can't wait to see yall

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP