Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Looking for a New Name


When I started this blog, 18 months ago, I was waiting for the Lord to send the buyer for our house. We were 5 months behind OUR schedule and longing to get to our new home, hence the title "Longin' for Texas." Now, we have been here in Texas for 14 months and I think I need a new title for my blog. As many of you know, I am not the most creative crafter in home school circles, so I began a Google search to get a new name. I found out my name in Japanese would be MACHIKO ASUKAI, in Pirate (yes, like on a ship) I would be DIRTY ANNE RACKHAM (don't ask me, I have no idea how that one came to be) and if I were a Viking I would be called EDNA DOGCHASER. Thank God my parents didn't use the Internet to name me!!! After much time wasted and no name found, a contest has been born. I need help in coming up with a new name for my blog. Submit your ideas and IF we choose your idea (I guess I will have a panel of judges ha ha) there will be a prize.

19 comments:

hosanna said...

well...before much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears, one needs to know the prize....

Michelle said...

How about..."Somewhere in the Middle"? It could work.

Or, what about..."As the World Turns"...wait, I think that sounds familiar...though don't you live in a soap opera type world where you are always dresses to the T and never really have anywhere to go or responsibilities, and yet it's all drama...ha ha!

I know...I've got it: "Longin' for MD to return!" Just kidding...miss you!

Diane said...

oh, believe me, it will be worth your while

Diane said...

Michelle, I don't think you are going to win.

Mindy said...

I like "I have a beautiful daughter-in-law" hehe. Just kidding.

2 questions:
1. Do the judges get pay/a prize?
2. Can I be a judge?

Diane said...

yes, Mindy, the judges will be paid handsomely, but travel is not included

Anonymous said...

How about "My days as a Texan"? It might be corny but it's true!

~Susannah~

Callie said...

Mother Melf.

Anonymous said...

Diane and her boyfriend would win top prize - er, what is the prize again???

Anonymous said...

Most practical might be "I don't know what to call this"
But I'm the high-payed judge, so I guess I can't vote.

Mindy said...

I thought I got to be the judge... ;-)

Diane said...

now girls, stop bickering, you can BOTH be judges

Jody said...

I am voting "Life at This Moment"! Kind of a spin on As the World Turns....I am sure others will come up w/ something far better! :) Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping this unonomous...How about hmmm..."I love my boyfriend" just kidding! love you.

Michelle said...

Okay, I've got it...
"New Grandma on the Block"

You could call it NGOTB for short.
Catchy isn't it?!

Michelle said...

Are there any consolation prizes for participating? You know like a year supply of dish soap or something. Just wondering. And do I get two since I entered twice? Or maybe I should be entitled to 4 consolation prizes since I actually entered 4 names?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking since Ricky Martin in my favorite worship leader you could name it "La Vida Loca" :-) Don't worry if you don't like this one I will keep thinking!!

Diane said...

Nanc,
Keep thinking!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Hosanna, we really do need to know the prize...I personally like "Still Crazy After All These Years"...What do you think? Too long?

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP