Thursday, March 06, 2008

"We do not know what to do, but we lift our eyes to you." 2 Chr. 20:12. Words that are often said from my mouth. I am regularly puzzled by life and am not sure how I am supposed to respond or act and I often say to the Lord "I don't know what I should do." (Actually, I often speak or act and realize I should have asked the Lord first.) It is a great place to find ourselves. Aware of our need for God to speak and act, aware of our lack of ability to go it alone. We have a great promise that follows this remark by Jehoshaphat, verses 15-17 reads "Listen. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed..for the battle is not yours but God's...You will not need to fight this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf...do not be afraid and do not be dismayed..the Lord will be with you." Yesterday, as I read this chapter I was comforted by these words, that God Himself goes before me and cares for me and defends me and helps me. He already gave his all for me, shed his precious blood for me and conquered sin and death on my behalf, of course I have nothing to fear, I just need to lift my eyes to Him and be reminded of the truths of the Gospel.

1 comment:

Nettester71 said...

Diane,

thank you for this reminder. I was telling myself those very things yesterday as I am dealing with a lot of new things in my life and it is often easy to say that God is going before you, but I have a hard time always believing. God is growing my faith day by day as He provides for things before we even need them.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP