Monday, August 11, 2008

Greetings from Holland!

Yes, we are in Holland. Actually, we were this weekend, now we are in Caledonia! We had a great weekend celebrating Jamie and Dan's wedding. It was so beautiful. They were married in Nelson Zeerip's yard on Lake Makatawa, off of Lake Michigan. The day was gorgeous, in the 70's, sunny with white puffy clouds floating by, sail boats on the water...so beautiful, Jamie looked amazing and it was wonderful to be a part of it all.

(behaving, as usual!!)


Fred and I are driving Jamie's car while we are here and she is on her honeymoon. Imagine the stares we got when Fred, myself, Hosanna and Isaac emerged from this car at the local ice cream hang out...

We are staying with Jenny, Ryan and Isaac while we are here. It is so fun to play with Isaac and get to know him better. He giggles from his belly at just about every silly thing we do. Jen and Ryan took the opportunity to go away for a few days, so Fred and I get Isaac all to ourselves! We have taken walks down the lake road, played outside and snuggled. He is such a great baby!



Tomorrow Jen and Ryan come home and Fred and I leave for Saugatuck where we will enjoy a couple of days of the harbor town, shop, sight see and kayak! Hope you enjoy the pictures of our vacation so far!!!!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks fun! Can't wait to see more pictures from the wedding! And the car made me laugh...I can only imagine people's thoughts.

Nettester71 said...

Thanks for posting some pictures and I look forward to seeing more of the beautiful bride, the friends and the countryside.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great time! I could really go for the 70 degrees for sure! I miss you...come home already!
Oh, we painted....can't wait for you to see it! It was quite a day, but we got it done! I like it a lot! Each morning i walk in the living room and I feel cheery b/c of the yellow walls! So much better than the green!

Jody said...

Ah, Jamie was a beautiful bride! And how fun you are enjoying Issac.
and...*sigh* you are going kayaking...my all time favorite---enjoy!!!

Life at the Mandl's said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Jamie looked beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful time with Fred!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Jamie sent me the link to your blog a while back. I like these pictures! Glad you got to drive the Just Married car around, haha. Did you get all the balloons out? Thanks for all your work on the wedding. I just wish we could have lit those unity candles, ha! Oh well. Another lady told me on my blog that at her son's wedding they had sand that they poured together of two colors. Now why didn't we think of that! Hope your trip is going well.

Anonymous said...

PS: I love that picture of Jamie and Mirren and I am going to save a copy of it if you don't mind. Beautiful!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP