Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Retreating

This Thursday I will get to go on a personal retreat. I will have 3 days to myself to pray and read and worship and plan. The Lord has given me a sense of anticipation as this year begins and I want to really seek Him for what He has for me this year. I have a couple of books I am taking and some teachings on my Ipod to listen to. I want to download some new worship music to take with me so that is where I need your help. Do any of you have a favorite worship CD or two that you could recommend? I have one I am leaning toward, but I thought I would ask. Also, if you have any recommendations of teachings or reading material that has really served you lately, I would love to hear about it. What is life to you right now?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You must take Knowing God by Packer...you must! And the Piper message from NA 07, Discern What Pleases God: Himself (John Piper)
Discern What Pleases God: Personal Obedience (John Piper)
And bubble bath....

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm reading a devotional by Lydia Brownback - "Contentment" - it's wonderful. Thanks to Jody L. for that one. Chris Tomlin's "True Love" CD - lovely.
Enjoy your time away.
Love you,
Kay

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP