Friday, April 08, 2011






I just could not find them. I searched and racked my brain, when did I wear them last?? How long have my favorite pair of flip flops been missing? I back track...I ask my girls "What was I wearing on Saturday? Oh, yes my Old Navy pink shirt, did I have on my brown flip flops?" Then a call to another girl "Can you ask Violet if she remembers me wearing my flip flops or if she saw them while she was here?" No one knows where they went to. I go through the trash (knowing I am capable of every absent-minded action). I finally give up and wear flip flops that don't match. Later in the day I am back at the great search. I waste an hour. Thinking, re-thinking, looking through my shoes for the 100th time. Finally, I remember that Someone knows where they are, so I pray "Lord, this is so small, but I love my brown Tevas I really want to find them. Would you please show me where they are. I know it is really not a big deal, but you love to help don't you?" And I quit looking. Ten minutes later I go to put something away and in the Wii box are my favorite sole mates!!!! "YES God! You care, you love to answer, YES you are aware of every detail no matter how small! YES Your eye is on me." Then I fall into a puddle of tears, "If you care so much about things that are insignificant how can I doubt your care for the things that are huge? I believe, forgive my unbelief." My mind is flooded with things that I have worried about, things I have tried to fix. Things I chose to carry instead of release to Him. I let it go, I tell Him about each of my concerns and I leave them there, in His everlasting hands. Peace and rest enter my heart.

This morning I slipped on my flip flops and gratitude welled up in my heart for those ole shoes, but mostly for the reminded that they will now be to me of my Father's keen awareness of every detail of my life.

1 comment:

Ryan and Cate Shipley said...

love this precious story....

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP