Monday, April 30, 2007

I am a Mimi!!





This morning I don't care anymore about the jiggles that hang from my upper arms, the extra "fullness" around my tummy or the gray hair that shows well against my dark hair. I don't care that when I get out of bed my ankles and knees take a minute to work right. I don't mind that I can't remember where I left my grocery list. I am a grandma now and those silly signs of aging now have fallen into proper perspective! It is so wonderful to see the handiwork of God. I think I am more amazed with Violet than I was with my own babies! She is absolutely beautiful and my heart is FILLED with love for her! I love watching Violet as she gazes on he mama when Erin feeds her and I loved seeing Fred hold her and talk to her. Our lives will never be the same!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now we are BOTH MiMis.....isn't it unbelievable. I still mind the belly fat and jiggles, but nothing beats the sweet little voices calling "MiMi!", or "Let's go to MiMi's house!" Love to you all. Give that beautiful little girl a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

She is a little beauty isn't she? Aren't you so happy to have been able to be with E&D for Violet's arrival. Enjoy every moment of her, you know how quickly your own children grew up!

Mimi is a great name!
XOXO

Mary

Mindy said...

I love the picture you sent me. She really is the most beautiful baby ever! Oh and I love the name you picked for yourself! Actually, Casey used to call me that when he was a baby, because he couldn't say Mindy. I can't wait till Violet can talk and call you that!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful and you are a beautiful mimi.....I thought you would be a nonni....oh well, welcome to the mimi season of life. It is by far the best.

Judy said...

Congrats to you!! So, I guess Violet won't be calling you 'Grandmother' or 'Mrs. Shaw'? :) She's an adorable little baby!

Abby said...

Welcome to "Mimi-hood!" You picked an adorable name! We have enjoyed the pictures of Violet, and are thrilled for you all! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love you all!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP