Sunday, December 16, 2007

It is Almost Time!!



Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I look forward to the baking, the gathering, the presents, the church mornings and special programs, the TV specials and the old classics and devotions by the fire with the only light coming from our tree. We managed to get a tree this week (most places here were sold out so we got one that looks like it needs a haircut and we love it), in the rain, late at night and without a conflict. My children claim they can always count on Fred and I having a conflict on tree shopping night and Christmas Eve!! All the shopping is done, the stockings are hung, the presents are wrapped and we baked last Saturday. All we need to do now is wait for Tyler and Mindy to get here and the festivities will begin. We omitted Christmas cards and will do New Years greetings later since we need to wait for the Coloradans for the family picture. I am excited to celebrate the birth of my precious Savior and to be grateful for His sacrifice for me. Could you imagine leaving Heaven to come here??? How could He be so kind to us? I pray that as you read the Christmas story this year it has an even greater impact on your life, it has on mine. Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Tyler was telling me about the Christmas Eve conflict tradition...I shall, um...look forward to it!;-) Can't wait to come!

Diane said...

No Mindy, we are on a good roll. we made it thru tree shopping so I think Christmas Eve is in the bag!!

Life at the Mandl's said...

I love Christmas also!! I hope you make great memeories with your family. What a blessing to have them all with you! Miss lost my friend! Feliz Navidad!!

Anonymous said...

hey mrs shaw we are sending out our christmas letters (yes late, but you can blame it on bek) haha
anyways i need your address so we can send you one!
you can e mail it to me @
scubdork1@yahoo.com
Thanks

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP