Monday, May 26, 2008

The Weekend

Well, it is late on Monday night. I am usually in bed by now, but tonight I was fooling with my blog template. I am not in love with the one I picked, but I really want to learn how to design these myself, so for now an imported one will have to do.

This weekend was pretty quiet and yet busy. Meg is at NA, and from the bit I heard, she is having a great time. Hosanna went to Georgia for a family event. So, Fred and I had the house to ourselves for a few days. We had fun. We ate out a few times, walked, swam, went to the movies, ordered pizza, got ice cream, had Erin, Dru and Violet for breakfast..it was a fun weekend.

I, also had 2 girls' nights out in one weekend. One night we went to the Outlet shopping center. Gotta love Gap and Banana, and just for fun, Lori Ann and I ducked into the Coach store. Then on Sunday night a couple of girls and I went to dinner and the to a favorite little spot to sit outside on the sidewalk and chat and laugh while we had coffee. While we were there the electricity went out so that made it even more interesting. It never was restored while we were there.

I have loved going to the pool almost everyday. I am meeting some new ladies there, new opportunities to share with them about who I try to live for. I am amazed at how people can live their lives they have without the Lord, where do they get the strength? I am grateful He has called me and saved me, I couldn't imagine life without Him.

On Thursday we will head to Cleveland. The city we got married in and the birthplace of all my children. Meg, Callie and Tim will be joining us, so they will get to do the tour of the homes that Fred and I each grew up in and the places we lived until we left there to plant the church in Virginia Beach. I am looking forward to that, but I'm most looking forward to seeing our niece, Hannah Shaw, get married and being able to see all of Fred's family.

Well, off to bed. Tomorrow is Tuesday, which means "Violet Day" for me!!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I like the new look. I wish I could be hanging at the pool with you!
Beth

Jody said...

Glad you all are had a great weekend! Going to the pool sounds great and glad for all the conversations the Lord is bringing there too! Have a great trip to Cleveland.

Wendy said...

Hey! I love the flowers on the top of your blog. How'd you do that? Maybe I will catch sight of you in a couple of weeks.

Life at the Mandl's said...

Miss you Di Di! Hope you have a great time in Cleveland. I wish we could just hang out!

wendy said...

hope you have a GREAT time in cleveland!

i can't believe any of these little kids are old enough to be getting married.

xoxo.

Wendy said...

I posted the receipe on my blog for the cookies. Sorry I missed the email before Meg got home...

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP