Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurry Home Boyfriend!!

Well, the past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. I was gone for 5 days visiting a friend and then while I was flying home Fred called to tell me his mom's husband had died. We were prepared that Bill would be going home soon and I had just prayed tht evening before that the Lord would display His mercy and take Bill home soon. I got home and Fred left.

It is amazing how much I miss my husband. I want to sit and tell him all about my trip, share with him some things the Lord has been showing me, snuggle and watch the game tonight. I want to hear all about his time in Ohio with his family. I can't and it will all be fine. But, I miss him.

It is good to have this time to reflect and appreciate how much God has given me and how much I love the guy. So often, I am prone to look at what is missing and grumble. Having these weeks apart has reminded me of what is important and what a wonderful gift the Lord has given me. I am also aware that, God willing, I will see my husband this week. My dear mother-in-law has had to bury my father-in-law and now her second husband. I can't imagine what that kind of missing must feel like. I hope I don't forget to continue to be grateful once we are back to our normal life.

No comments:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP