Thursday, September 04, 2008

Last week we dove in and bought a kayak! I am so excited about this new hobby of ours. We will get the second one shortly, but the store was out of the one we wanted. We are exploring all sorts of places in Texas to kayak! There is a place right near our house to put in, so I think we will go often. And since we have a very mild winter, the season for being on the water is longer here than most places. It is so relaxing to go along and chat with one another and enjoy the beauty of God's creation and it is hard to find a sport Fred and I can do together (though he is almost 50, he is still playing baseball with the young guys and we KNOW he has a marathoner's heart!). Fred has his eye on some of the rivers down in the hill country of Texas, I bet those are beautiful rivers! We will keep you posted on our adventures! I will posted pictures of our first time out as soon as we get the second one and we actually get out there!!

4 comments:

Jody said...

That's great! I could easily be envious--ha! When we visit at some point maybe we can rent a couple more and the 4 of us can go on an outing?! Kayaking has to be one of our all time favorite outdoor things we've done together---and one of the main things, other than some friends, we miss about Washington State.

Nettester71 said...

That sounds like so much fun. I would love to have those too. I have done canoeing with my family through some beautiful waters and desire to do that again...

Have fun with it and keep the photos coming of your experiences.

Mindy said...

It sounds fun! We'll have to try it sometime.

Katherine M. said...

Don and I really want to get a kayak. How great that the two of you have easy access to the water. Please post pictures soon.
We are biking a good deal. When Don and I go alone, we have a great time talking and enjoying the outdoors and each other. Sometimes we go with good friends, like the Davises and Barstows.
I taught school out of college outside Uvalde, Texas. I remember we went tubing down a river there. You might want to check out that area also, especially during the springtime. The wildflowers are incredible then.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP