Monday, October 20, 2008

The Big 5-0!!!!!!!


Nope, I am not 50 yet, I have a few more years to go, but my favorite person in the world turned 50 this weekend. Fred turned 50 on Sunday. I had been so excited for this weekend because Tyler and Mindy were coming to join us for the celebration and Fred has no idea! They arrived Friday night while we were outside enjoying a fire. Fred was totally surprised and thrilled to have them with us. It is always so great when we have everyone together!


On Saturday we had a family breakfast at our house and just hung out until the ladies all left for a baby shower for Callie. It was nice that Mindy and Mom Shaw were here for it. While we were at the shower, the guys went and played disc golf, a favorite past time of Fred's. Then we all met back up and went to dinner at LaHa, a Texas favorite. Then off to the annual Frisco Storytelling Festival, which was a bit disappointing, but none the less fun just to be together.


On Sunday we all went to church together (a favorite thing for me) and then home for birthday dinner and hang out time. Tyler had to leave in the evening and Mom and Mindy flew home today.

All weekend I was so aware of the kindness the Lord has shown my family. They all love each other and love to be together and most importantly, they all love God. It was a true joy to all be here celebrating Fred. As I drifted off to sleep last night my only prayer was "Thank you, Thank you so much for my family."

6 comments:

Nettester71 said...

Diane, the time together sounds so wonderful. I am thankful for you that your family is all so close and loves the Lord. That truly is a blessing.

Jody said...

I am so glad you all had a great weekend full of wonderful memories made and celebrating Fred's 50th!
So much to be thankful for! And I am really glad the suprise was truly suprising too!

Beth said...

What a wonderful weekend. I am so glad you had such a blessed time together!
Callie looks so cute!

Mindy said...

Thanks for having us! Only a few more weeks and we'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Fred. He doesn't look a day over 20 :o), What a great weekend.....

Love you,
Kay

Life at the Mandl's said...

What a BLESSING Di Di! Hope you have many, many more times like these. Love Callie's tummy!!! She looks cute!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP