Thursday, October 02, 2008

Breckenridge



Fred and I were given the opportunity to spend some time at a condo in Breckenrdige. I was reluctant to go because I felt like there was so much to do at home and I have been gone alot and when will I get those blinds cleaned if never stay home. But, as usual, Fred talked me into going and I am so glad I did. The weather has been amazing! I forgot how blue the sky is up here in the mountains and I forgot how beautiful the autumn aspens are! We have taken many walks everyday enjoying the quaint town and the awesome surroundings! It has been cool, so in the mornings we bundle up and even wear our down vests! We walk to Starbucks, get our brew and walk the town. Oh, I would love for this to be an annual tradition!

Today, we were out walking and the sky began to cloud up. I guess we didn't really pay attention and all of a sudden there was a HUGE clap of thunder! It scared me and I was reminded of how dangerous the lightning is in the mountains, so we quickly headed home. We were no soon back to the condo when it began to snow and rain!! I love it! We hunkered down and had some lunch, Fred watched the market continue to fall and I watched "Little House on the Prairie" while I read my book. The just when the heat in the condo was finally warming things up..the sun popped out and it is time for another walk!!



Oh and all that work I was worried about...Hosanna cleaned the blinds at home for me while I was vacationing! I need to go away more often!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm glad you're here.

Anonymous said...

Wow, does that look great! Enjoy it! We went to Aspen last year at this time and it was so gorgeous.

Life at the Mandl's said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You take such great pictures! Miss you!!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP