Monday, October 27, 2008

A Warning about Ipods

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we decided to open the windows for some fresh air. Fred had been outside working in the yard and as he came in he said "Let's put the air on...can you close the windows?" I said "Sure" and he went upstairs. So, I proceed to close a kitchen window. Now our windows are about 8 feet tall and go down almost to the floor, so I bent over to push the window down. Just as I finished closing the first window, the toggle from my bracelet got caught just as the window shut. I was trapped. I couldn't get my bracelet unstuck for anything and it was a chunky chain so I couldn't break it or wiggle my wrist out of it. And the windows are really heavy so I couldn't get it back up in the position I was in....So...I being to yell for Fred, after 5 minutes I realize he must have his new Ipod going and can't hear me, so I begin to scream"Help" over and over knowing the windows are open and maybe a neighbor will come to my rescue, but it was to no avail. I was stuck. I knew the girls would be home in an hour so I tried to get comfy...remember, the window is low so my wrist is 6 inches from the ground so my back is now aching!! I just began to laugh and then I remembered that mountain climber who cut his own arm off! I didn't think that was an option. I continued to yell from time to time and the I began to yank and pull and pull and yank and my wrist was killing me, but I got the toggle to the end of the window and was able to free myself. Once I was free I went upstairs to find my man just sitting there in at his desk listen to his Ipod...just as I thought. He looked at me and just said "What?"

13 comments:

Mindy said...

Haha...that sounds like something that would happen to me! Glad to know that he's enjoying his iPod...maybe for Christmas we should get you one of those panic buttons...or a pocket knife in case you have to cut your arm off...

Laura said...

That is funny! Poor thing! At least you finally were freed and didnt have to wait hours for the girls to get home.

Life at the Mandl's said...

LOL Maybe that is why I was up so early these last days praying for you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Di,
Your antics never fail to amuse/amaze me. How's your arm today? Or, I should ask how's your back? Good suggestions, Mindy. Always keep a knife near the window..... :-)

Kay

Jody said...

That is too funny! I am glad these types of things actually happen to other people too! :) And just think, you learned a great new skill of how to free yourself if ever needed in such a case again!

Jody said...

That is too funny! I am glad these types of things actually happen to other people too! :) And just think, you learned a great new skill of how to free yourself if ever needed in such a case again!

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

I had the perfect mind picture! Haha! That is pretty funny!

James said...

Maybe if you weren't so vain you wouldn't have been wearing demon jewelry in the firs place and none of this would have happened.

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! I would have freed you...if I could have heard you! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see you in that position though :) !
Glad to know you were thinking though... I mean the whole cutting off your arm thing was really a thought in survival mode! Maybe you should get one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" button thingys?!!!! Maybe when you turn 50...

Rebekah said...

Well Di, one very good thing about this event is that all your readers want to comment on it . . . so at least you know your time blogging isn't wasted, people do read it and it obviously brings us joy!

Ronda said...

I can't top James's comment, sorry! Both your story and the comment made me belly laugh. Thanks for being such an entertaining friend!

Life at the Mandl's said...

Just wanted you to know... Last night Jorgen woke up, he was not feeling well. As we both laid there...me trying to comfort him and Jorgen not feeling very well... I told him the story of the window... He laughed for such a long time... So did I of course... thank you for being so humble and sharing! :-)

Please Pay Cashier said...

Haha Mrs. Shaw!!
You're stuck for how long and you think of cutting your wrist off? Gasp!

I think that we have all learned from this that...once everyone is accounted for and in sight, then the husband can listen to his ipod ;)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP