Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Another Day for an Old Mimi!!

So, this morning I woke before the Fred's alarm went off and while it was still dark. I quietly got out of bed, grabbed my glasses off the night stand, put on my slippers and headed to make the coffee. I slipped into the kitchen and turned on the pendant lights that are over the island and the first thought that comes to me is "Ahh, soft lighting is so nice in the morning." I, then, proceed to make the coffee. Then, I decide to load a few dishes and clean up from our family night the night before....second thought "Did I forget to take my contacts out last night? My vision is so blurring (happens if you wear your glasses and your contacts at the same time). No, I remember taking them out. Boy, I need to get new glasses, I cannot see." I, then, head to grab my Bible, sit down and open....I can't see, it is blurry and dark....yes folks for 10 minutes I walked around wearing regular, old, Walmart sunglasses!! I laughed so hard at myself...just wish someone was awake to have seen it all.....

Oh, and by the way, if you are doing the the fighter verse for this week, it is Deut. 6:4-5, a basic one that we probably already know..but maybe simple is good for me this week!!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Di, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. If only I could have seen it!
~Laura

Mindy said...

Hahaha, so last night I took out my contacts, washed my face, then started brushing my teeth and wondered why I couldn't see. Oh, maybe it's because I never put my glasses on. And because I threw my glasses into the trash instead of a tissue. Glad to know I'm not the only one... :-) Wish I could have seen you!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Thanks for sharing the 'fighter verse' website. I have my verse for the week - love it. How about joining me in memorizing Ps. 119??? I've been at it for years - not much progress, but I'm starting it all over again for this year.
LOve you,
Kay

Michelle said...

You are too funny! I've slept with my contacts in before and thought God had healed me for a brief moment...until the dry eye pain set in!!!
wish I could have seen you strolling around this morning in your sunglasses while it was dark outside!

Beth said...

You gettin' old lady... but at least you look cool in your shades.

Nettester71 said...

that was AWESOME. I chuckled when I read that.

Tracy12 said...

Thanks for making me laugh. I gave a few people a good laugh when a couple of weeks ago I wore one brown shoe and one black shoe to church. I wish I could say it was because I had sunglasses on and couldn't see, but no - I actually did that on purpose so I could decide which ones I like better with my outfit then forgot to change the one I didn't like. The wierd thing is nobody said anything to me unless I pointed it out to them. Either people really don't pay attention to what you have on your feet so why bother spending money, just wear one pair of shoes all the time, or they were just trying to act like they didn't know so I didn't feel stupid.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP