Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Lucy & Ethel



Did you miss me?? Yup, I actually found something to do for a few days. I will fill you in. A few days ago our builder called to tell us he needed us to come to Dallas for an issue with our floor. He would pay for the trip and you know me, if it's free I'm there. While we were there we found 2 little dogs. Lost, wet, cold and hungry. Being the incredible dog lover I am (I take after LJB) I felt compelled to show kindness to these lost dogs. Callie, Hosanna and I went out looking for them again and found them We bathed them and fed them and gave them some TLC. We wanted to keep them, but Tim and Fred said no. I think they need to read Proverbs 12:10 and memorize it. "A righteous man cares for the needs of animals." So, with great sadness we took them to the SPCA and "surrendered" them. It was so sad. They were so cute and they loved one another. We' re hoping someone in need to companionship will adopt them. Or our house will sell and we can go back and get them. Maybe some engaged couple wants to care for them. Or a single girl who loves to snuggle. Or a Mom who has denied her children the joys and lessons of loving and caring for a pet. Lucy and Ethel deserve a chance. They deserve a warm bed and a kiss good night. Tonight as you lay your head on your soft pillow, I ask you to think of our friends in their cage at the McKinney, Texas SPCA and ask yourself "Could I live with myself if I stood by and did nothing to show the love of God to Lucy & Ethel?"
Look at these pictues and then live with yourself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if certain people would come to visit certain Midwestern states, they could smuggle Lucy and Ethel into on-campus apartments and they could live in the pantries of said apartments. Additionally, if you are really committed to that whole, "if its free I'm there" thing, then get out here and I will give you free use of my sink, free napkins, free heat, and a free view of interstate 94. Think about it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if certain people would come to visit certain Midwestern states, they could smuggle Lucy and Ethel into on-campus apartments and they could live in the pantries of said apartments. Additionally, if you are really committed to that whole, "if its free I'm there" thing, then get out here and I will give y

Anonymous said...

Maybe if certain people would come to visit certain Midwestern states, they could smuggle Lucy and Ethel into on-campus apartments and they could live in the pantries of said apartments. Additionally, if you are really committed to that whole, "if its free I'm there" thing, then get out here and I will give y

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you couldn't keep the dogs!I'm sure LJB will miss them when she comes. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I guess Jamie really wanted to be heard on this one!

Anonymous said...

what in the world? I clicked on the post button once, but it posted my comment three times! Sorry for the Rainman impression.

Anonymous said...

I down loaded these pics on my screen cover. cute:] signed "girl without a puppy"

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP