Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Oh, how abundant is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you....
In the cover of your presence you hide them
from the plots of men;
you store them in your shelter
from the strife of tongues. Blessed be the Lord,
for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me" Ps. 31

I have spent the day going back to Ps.31 over and over. I have found great comfort in these truths of scripture, but tonight as I was listening to my audio guy read this Psalm I felt faith rising up in me as these verses were read and reread. God's goodness is abundant (present in great quantity, fully sufficient; plentiful; in copious supply), and He stores His goodnesses up for us and protects them with His presence and no one and no thing can change the good things God has for us. No failure on my part or someone else's, no plans or schemes of men can change the goodness God has already planned for me. Isn't that an amazingly comforting truth???!!! It silences all the what ifs and all the if onlys and it takes my eyes off of the situations and places them on the Lord. There are many twists and turns in this life that we never would have expected, but they cannot and will not prevent the Lord's goodness from overflowing to us and nothing can stop Him from being steadfast with His love toward us. Nothing.

2 comments:

wendy said...

i needed to read this. thanks for sharing. xoxo.

hosanna said...

what a wonderful reminder!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP