Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day




I woke this morning and was able to have my coffee in this mug. My boyfriend was very attentive to me one day in Starbucks when I declared "I love that mug!" We have no shortages of mugs around here, but my morning beverage is always a treat and a favorite mug to drink it from makes it even more special. I usually get hooked on one mug and use only that one for a long time. This past year I have only used 2 mugs, one my sister Barb sent me and one Meg gave me. For now I will switch to my "I love you" mug. Oh, the simple pleasures in life. I could not imagine my morning coffee or tea tasting nearly as wonderful in some plain mug. Happy Valentine's day to all of you!! And thanks Fred for my mug! You done good!

8 comments:

Nettester71 said...

Diane,

That is a great mug and I agree that things are much more special when what we are doing is part of a gift from someone special.

You have a great husband and family and I miss watching and interacting with you.

Diane said...

Lynette, Come visit! We would love to meet your husband!!

Jen said...

DiDi,

Oh my gosh! That's the exact mug that I've been loving every trip to Starbucks... I'm soooo jealous!!!! Well at least I know you have great taste. :)

Tess Bush said...

Very cute mug! Good job Mr. Shaw! So the other day I was on the highway and I saw a Pepsi truck and it brought me back to the days when we were kids and we would stop and pray for Mr. Shaw when we saw a Pepsi truck. :-) It never fails every time I see a Pepsi truck I think of you guys! So much so that now when Tyson sees a Pepsi truck I go hey....he cuts me off and says AWWWWW THE SHAW'S (in his Tess imitation voice).
Great memories! :-)

Mindy said...

I like your mug too! I must say I am very grateful for you having a wonderful son, cause if you hadn't, I'd still be celebrating Valentines Day at the IHOP with Meg...not that I didn't enjoy that, but a boy is nicer!

Laura said...

Thats a very cute mug. I love mugs as well. We have tons, but I too love getting a new mug for any occasion. Congratulations!

Life at the Mandl's said...

ahhhh.... he is so thoughtful towards you! Happy Valentine's Day Di, Di.

Anonymous said...

The 'boyfriend' came through again. Yeah! Very cute mug, great taste, Mr. Shaw! Hmmmmm....wonder what the card said :) Love you and miss you. I used you as an example this week..... were your ears burning?
Love you so and miss you, my friend,
Kay

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP