Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Short Update

I think it is time for an update. The holiday season came and went so fast. It was one of our simplest Christmases and it was very enjoyable. We had our "Christmas" on Christmas eve morning with our girls and their families, Tyler and Mindy were not with us this year. Then, on Christmas day we flew to Siesta Key, Florida for a week of beach time with Fred's whole family and our girls and theirs. It was a great time to reconnect!

January came and left in a blur. We did everything required for our adoption all in the month of January, less the home study which is this weekend. Then, we enter the matching process. This could be a few days or a few months and then she will be home with us. We are excited, but we are sobered more than anything. I never have seen myself as a dare devil risk taking gal. I like the known things. I like being prepared and everything going according to that plan. This adoption leaves me with so many unknowns. Yet, in the midst of my fears, I hear the voice of God whispering to me to rest and trust. I am utterly dependent on Him. I know I can't do this on my own. I worry about silly things like having to get up early every day to get her to school, or will she be bored with us, or what if she doesn't like my cooking, or what if we are weird to her. The huge things don't seem to enter my mind. Weird, I know.

I have loved seeing what this process is doing to my husband. He is reading, planning, dreaming. He has enough faith for 50 people to adopt. He is so excited and so aware of God's hand and just about every night he speaks words of great courage to me. I love that he is the go getter in this thing. His heart is so tender toward the fatherless, and his desire to do something to help the orphan crisis is so provoking. I love him.

So, if you think of us, please pray. Pray we would know the will of God. Pray we would trust in God alone regardless of how things look, pray we would rest in Him alone.




1 comment:

Mindy said...

We ARE weird, haha. I am so excited to meet her, to know her name, to begin building a relationship with my new sister. (that's how we refer to her--our new sister!) Praying for you and dad and her and us all! I love how God is growing our family!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP