Friday, January 25, 2008

Catch Up

Well, January is almost gone so I thought I would update you on the latest in the Shaw household. Meg is doing very well. She is on a gluten free diet since they now wonder if gluten is the trigger to her seizures. For various reasons, I have joined her on this journey to a new way to eat. We are learning new recipes and finding so many good foods to eat. Today I will make bread from sorghum flour. A few weeks ago I did know what that was, now a whole new world of foods are opening up to us. It is amazing how many foods we do not have in our American diet. I am excited to learn and hope it will also be the answer for Meg that we have prayed for.

Our care group is going well. I love the ladies in my group and we are all working on growing in one spiritual discipline this year. This has brought on lots of emails back and forth encouraging one another and sharing God's word with one another. It is so great!!! Our care group is also memorizing a chapter from the Bible together. My brain has to work hard on that one, memory isn't what it use to be!!!

Fred and I are going to Oklahoma City this weekend and I am so excited!!! There are many reasons for my excitement (I am sure some are wondering how one can be excited about a trip to Oklahoma). The main reason is that for a few days I will get to be with my favorite person and not have to share him with anyone else. Another reason is that we just need to few days away to relax. Another reason is that we are going to see the Chihuly exhibit at the Oklahoma City Art Museum. He is a world renown glass artist. I first saw his work, I believe at the in the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas. It was beautiful. Then I read about him recently in our Dallas paper and told Fred I would love to see his collection someday. Three days later, the trip was planned by my husband and we leave tomorrow!!! We will also go the the Oklahoma City National Memorial and for a hike at Thunderbird State Park. I will post pictures when we get back.

That's about it for now....

12 comments:

Jody said...

Have a great weekend! And so good to hear the "news" on everything. Praying the gluten free diet continues to bring great results too!

Jody said...

Have a great weekend! And so good to hear the "news" on everything. Praying the gluten free diet continues to bring great results too!

Beth said...

Have a wonderful time. I wish we were meeting you there!

Katherine M. said...

Diane, I have been wondering how Megan is doing. I continue to pray for her. Hope you and Fred have a wonderful time together.

Anonymous said...

I love Chihuly!! Have a great time and dont let Fred spend too much money!!!

Diane said...

Peter,

I would buy you a Chihuly piece, but it would get lost in customs. Sorry.

Unknown said...

I am thrilled that you two get to have time with just the two of you....we will be praying for you!!!

Wendy said...

Way to go Fred!! Jumping up to plan at the hint of a mention...Wow.

Thanks for your encouragement Diane...I keep trying to remember that when Charlie needs t-shirts and the boys have no pants. Laundry is done today.

Let me know how the bread turns out. I think the Gluten free girl had a pizza recipe in her book. And the blog is great too! How fun she is to read! Let me know how it does for Meghan...I will be praying.

Unknown said...

Diane and I had a wonderful time just being together without the routine of life to interrupt. We could have been anywhere, but in OKC I thought I was taking her for the chilupas!?!? Did I miss something? We never even made it to a mexican restaurant. The glass art was really cool though. A great memory and a good reminder to do this more often.

Michelle said...

I'm sure you had a great time together...would love to do the same soon with Rob! Keep me updated on the gluten free diet...and give Meg a hug for me and tell her I said hello!

Want to come visit DC? I'm really missing home...and you!

Judy said...

I'm going to have to do some gluten free investigating. It's all I hear about these days. Have fun in OK!

Diane said...

Judy, we have been gluten free for a few weeks now and we are learning so much. Tonight we had pizza and we actually thought it was great. Different but great. the internet makes this transition so much easier, I could not imagine trying this 10 years ago.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP