Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!



Ok, so the emails roll in that I am lame for choosing to set the typical goals for the New Year, but it is true that those three things need help in my life. Anyway, I could come up with some really lofty goals like learning Greek, getting down to my premarriage weight, have more children or going back to school and becoming a CEO of some corporation, but I have realized that my lame, reasonable goals are hard enough to achieve, so I am sticking to my guns. My goal is to walk 4 times a week (I mean more than from the couch to the frig) and do yoga or Pilate's 3 times a week, lose 10 lbs. and have my home in order by the end of March. If I can do all this it leaves me the rest of the year to eat, sit around and mess up the house!

Anyway, for New Years Eve we went to Craig and Ginger Cabaniss's house for a small party. we played games, ate tons of food, played Wii, popped party crackers and toasted in the New Year with champagne from Albuquerque(???) and all in all we had a wonderful night.

Oh yeah, we also had a morning visit from Violet...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see that your goals remain the same....especially the ones for the last half of the year...eating and messing up the house! What fun. Can I play??? Loved talking to you on the first day of the new year. Love you, dear friend.

Mindy said...

I like the goal about having more children...how about you do that one??

Diane said...

I chose getting my house in order instead, you can have the kid goal! (of course, no pressure ;).

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2008!!!
-Emily B.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you and I have the same goals - lose 10 lbs, become CEO (I'm his assistant here at Lutheran, so I'm on my way!!) the house ---- well, who cares about that if I become CEO. Everything else will fall in line.

Praying for you, my friend, as you and Meg embark on another adventure into the world of unknowns.....Today's Stream is so very encouraging (01/03). I was very encouraged by it and pray that you will be encouraged too as He leads you gently and slowly. God's blessings on you. So good to chat with you the other day.

Love you,

Kay L

Michelle said...

How about naming your blog...is that too lofty of a goal?!!! :)
It was great seeing you and spending what small amount of time together we could! I miss you dearly!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP